I did a quiz yesterday, and basically they ask you a few questions to see how much you know about being environmentally friendly.
Before I share my results, I will tell you what I think I know about what being environmentally friendly is:
- Relying on natural light as much as possible, and not turning on lights unnecessarily. ☑️
- Trying not to use electrical devices as much as possible. ❎
- Using renewable sources of energy eg. solar energy to heat your water ☑️
- Not using lead in your petrol ⛽ when you fill your car ☑️
- Putting a filter on the exhaust of your car to prevent emission of toxic gases ☑️
- Not dumping wastes into the sea or ocean or rivers ☑️
- Reuse, reduce and recycle ☑️☑️❎
Obviously, the ☑️ are things I do and the ❎ are the things I don’t do.
So I feel if I share my results as they are, I’d be giving the answers to the quiz away. Instead, I’ll list my take home messages from this quiz
- Reducing plastic use is very important
- Reducing meat intake is more important (good thing I don’t eat much meat, but I do eat meat)
- Relying on natural sunlight and not leaving the lights on is important
- Reducing the use of other electrical appliances is more important (I need to work on that)
- Switching to a hybrid car is a great idea (if you can afford it)
That’s all I have for now. I hope I didn’t give away too much from the quix. I got 2 wrong and 2 right in the quiz. Can you do better?
What are you doing to be more environmentally friendly?