Hello 👋 reader and welcome to my blog!
Today I’m going to attempt to find 10 things I love about myself. I have low self confidence and I usually focus on my flaws more than my attributes.
So this is my self reflection practice of the week.
It’s part of the self confidence challenge on the app 21 days challenge.
1. I love the way I draw. I don’t exactly like to draw, but when I draw for my son, I feel proud of my work.
2. I love how self aware I am. Even though this leads me to be very self critical, it provides a lot of insight into why I am the way I am.
3. I love that I’m good at poetry. Poems come to me effortlessly, and that is a gift I don’t take for granted.
4. I love how organized I am. I know there are people who take organization to a different level by getting bins for that purpose, but I am organized nontheless.
5. I love my thirst for knowledge and research and learning new skills. I’m always working on myself and sharpening my skills and developing new ones. A few months ago, a friend of mine suggested I make images with writing on them and I thought I couldn’t do it, but then I found canva and I’ve been practicing on and off ever since (head over to my instagram to see my newest designs).
6. I love how tolerant I am to pain. I live with chronic pain, from migraines to knee pain to muscle spasms to bloating… Sometimes it’s a bad thing because I push myself too hard, but I imagine if I wasn’t tolerant to pain, I’d be bedridden half the time.
7. I love my fashion sense. I’m not much into fashion but I do like how I dress, even though some people don’t like it but I dress simply and casually but neatly and modestly and I like my choice of colors.
I got stuck here and I started asking my husband and son what they loved about me but they got nothing 😂 (shows how much they love me)
8. I love how I am caring and empathetic to people and what they go through. (got this from Google but it’s true)
9. I love how I get out of bed everyday and get things done, no matter how I’m feeling. (also help from Google but it’s true)
10. I love how I’m able to be strong in difficult situations like in someone’s death or illness. (I fall apart for the smallest reasons but I’m a rock with the big stuff) (I also kind of had some help from Google but it is true)