Oh the days I used to do many 21 days challenges. I don’t know if it’s the depression that’s stunting my productivity, or that I’m overwhelming myself like everyone is telling me, but it’s just I have so much to do and not enough time or energy.
Taking courses is going very slowly. My book writing and editing is on hold. My laptop is frustratingly slow so I’m not getting much work on my shops done. I have so many designs and products I need to add, so I’m trying to focus on promoting the products and designs I have.
Parenting is very frustrating and I thought I would get to stay home and have some me time after Eid, but apparently that’s not an option. So here is a challenge I did a year ago. Maybe you and I will get inspired to be more productive because I’m all over the place. I just edited the words in italic to reflect my current productivity. Ooh I think I should do a quiz “Are you being productive”.
21 ways to be more productive:
1. Make your bed in the morning (so you won’t be tempted to go back there).
I always make my bed in the morning. It centers me.
2. Have a nice healthy and energetic breakfast (to have energy for the most productive part of your day).
I rarely eat breakfast nowadays. I’m having candy and cookies and chocolate bars. Today I ate a labne sandwich though.
3. Organize a cluttered space (you’re going to feel instantly more productive).
I haven’t organized my closet in a hot minute. I even did a declutter challenge last month but since I did less than half the challenge, I haven’t posted about it yet. Organizing my clothes is on my procrastinating list.
4. Spend less time on the phone (and do something useful).
I’ve been spending way too much time on my phone (10 hours a day).
5. Get a planner and use it (plan everything you want to achieve).
I haven’t been making monthly goals or weekly goals since June.
6. Turn off unnecessary notifications on the phone (don’t let this little machine distract you).
I have been ignoring notifications anyway.
7. Create a meal plan for the entire week ( so you don’t waste a lot of time thinking about it every day).
I haven’t been cooking much lately anyway.
8. Make a to-do list (and try to complete all the tasks).
I haven’t written a to do list in a week.
9. Take a 30 min walk (to get some fresh air and feel motivated).
I haven’t been going out for walks because it’s too hot. I just want to sleep.
10. Declutter email inbox (it can be a little overwhelming sometimes).
My email is very overwhelming.
11. Exercise for 30 min (even if you don’t do anything during the day, you will feel super productive after your workout).
I haven’t been exercising much. 4 times a month. I did a 5 minute workout today. This is getting pathetic.
12. Read a chapter of a book before bed (and forget social media).
I’ve been doing this every night. It helps me sleep…sometimes.
13. Don’t watch TV (so you have more time for yourself).
I haven’t been watching much. A few episodes a week. That’s it.
14. Organize your closet (and donate everything you don’t want anymore).
I need to do this ASAP. I’m going to pencil it in.
15. Create a music playlist with your favorite songs (and dance like no one is watching).
Scroll to the end of the post for the Playlist is just created.
16. Don’t check your phone right after you wake up (and have a slow and peaceful morning).
I need to go back to doing this again.
17. Meditate for 10 min (you will feel rejuvenated).
I’ve been practicing meditation occasionally and deep breathing everyday.
18. Organize your pantry and fridge (so you don’t spend too much time searching for your favorite snack).
I did and it felt so good!
19. Deep clean your room (clear space, clear mind).
I am going to get someone to deep clean for me soon.
20. Unsubscribe people that don’t bring you joy anymore (you will feel much more relieved).
I haven’t done this in a while either…
21. Schedule a rest period during your day (we all need some relax time).
I need to do this too…
To do this challenge, go to: https://21dayschallengeapp.com/app/challenge
Bonus: How I feel in songs (I made a playlist on Spotify):
Now for the productivity quiz: I did the How Productive are you quiz on MindTools.
I scored 39. I have no idea what that means snd I forgot my username and password and want to make a new account.