Hello and welcome to my blog! I’ve been working on these prompts for the past 3 weeks and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Write about a time that you felt proud of yourself.
When I published my 1st book on Amazon.
2. If you had 3 wishes for this year, what would you wish for?
That covid would disappear. That the economic crisis would end. That my books would sell and that I would start getting clients on Upwork.
3. What’s on your mind right now?
What am I going to eat for breakfast? Because I wake up hungry but with no appetite, and I’m often bloated but still think carbs when I think breakfast. Nothing else satisfies me, not even eggs. Eggs fill my stomach but leave me with a feeling that I need something sweet afterward. What baffles me the most is how my appetite grows progressively throughout the day. Last night, I had 3 sandwiches, with only an hour in between them. I usually have none or one. I drink coffee to suppress my appetite basically because it hasn’t been doing much to wake me up lately.
4. Write about something or someone that you miss.
I miss having friends. I miss having people to hang out with and go places.
5. What do you value most about today?
I value prayer. The ability to pray. Also, the people in my life. Despite feeling lonely often, they make me feel like we’re lonely together.
6. Write about a moment in your life that makes you happy when you think about it.
The morning walks along the beach I used to take in Turkey when we went to Selge Resort in Antalya.
7. If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
I would regret not living fully, not having enough adventures, not being spiritual enough.
8. How do you want people to remember you and why?
I want to be remembered for the good things I did. I want to be remembered for my smile, for my kindness, for my humility. Ironic that I don’t think I’m very kind, but I want to be.
9. What aspects of yourself do you need to show more love?
My body. I criticize my body a lot.
10. What would your perfect day look like?
A morning walk alone along the beach. Then a good time with my family. Then reading a good book alone. Then a movie with a friend. Then going on my phone for hours. Then a good night’s sleep.
11. Write all the things you want to achieve this year.
I want to finish my novella, all 10 chapters of it. I want to sell a few more books on Amazon, and I want to achieve my health goals. I want to finish reading all the 9 books I’m in the middle of. I want to grow and mature more as a person and overcome my social anxiety which has been exacerbated since the pandemic.
12. What do you need more in your life?
I need inner peace and outward adventure.
13. Make a list of things you would do if you weren’t afraid, and how would they impact your life.
I would pursue my dreams relentlessly. I wouldn’t avoid confrontation as much. I would act more assertively. I would procrastinate less and do more.
14. What piece of advice would you give to ten years old you?
Don’t chase friends and don’t settle for any less than you deserve, and you deserve the best, so live accordingly.
15. How can you make tomorrow better?
By doing an act of kindness a day. I know it sounds cliche, but kindness makes the world a better place, and it will improve my well-being and help others.
16. Write about all the things that make you nervous and how could you change that.
People make me nervous. I spend so much time worrying about saying the right thing and acting the right way because when I make a mistake, everyone remembers, but other people make social mistakes out of meanness and I’m just supposed to accept that. The plan is to interact with people as little as possible and to not take it personally when people are jerks to me.
17. What is something you learned yesterday?
I learned that I’m very dramatic and my overthinking will be my pitfall if I don’t keep it in check.
18. Write about a past struggle that you overcome. How has it made you stronger?
When I think of past struggles, I can only think of when I studied for my Masters’s degree, in French, while I was a newlywed and pregnant. I mean pharmacy was a breeze compared to this, but I did it and I got my master’s degree while taking care of a newborn. It has made me stronger in the sense that whenever I’m about to give up, I remember this, and I tell myself if I could do that, I can do anything I set my mind to.
19. What is something you are looking forward to right now?
My morning coffee.
20. What brings you the most joy? How can you make more time for it?
Self-care. I need to schedule it into my day.
21. What is something that’s missing from your life? And how can you change that?
Freedom. Only time will tell.