People are like onions, their personality and aspects of their life shows in layers. Even an open book like me with her heart on her sleeve is full of surprises.
A lot of people are shocked when they find out that i have never worn makeup in my life, unless you count the time one of my dorm friends during university days put makeup on me and i looked like a clown 🤡 and i washed it off immediately.The reason why i don’t wear makeup, besides the religious reason of not putting decorative things on in public, and various friends telling me “you don’t even need makeup because your skin is so perfect” which FYI my skin isn’t so perfect anymore but has become dry and i get pimples sometimes too.
The main reason i don’t even wear makeup in the confinement of my own house nor in front of girlfriends is because i simply don’t like putting anything on my face. Apart from lotion which i occasionally wear, i don’t wear any form of makeup at all.That’s why when i decided to try a face mask, i was hesitant because it is a big deal.
I’d be putting something on my face!So i ordered 3 types of face masks, and i tried one of them last night.
It’s a bubble sheet mask with charcoal.
The benefits of this mask are:
Clears pores and removes impurities in just 10 minutes. The Charcoal works to cleanse deep into your skin to any remove dirt and impurities so you can say bye-bye to stuffed pores and hello to a fresh face!
So what i did was:
1. I washed and dried my face 1st, then i took out the mask.
2. I put it on and made sure it didn’t touch my eyes, nostrils or mouth.
3. It says to wait 10 to 15 minutes and if you know me, i don’t do well with idle hands, so i set a timer and did the dishes while i waited (not exactly the spa image you were expecting) and as it bubbled, i was freaking out. I figured, worst case scenario, my skin will peel off, so i crossed my fingers and hoped that didn’t happen.
4. After 12 minutes, i removed the mask and threw it away (it’s a single use mask).
5. Then i rubbed the rest of the liquid into my skin because that’s what it said on the package, and finally i washed my face with warm water and dried it.
Honestly speaking, my skin felt tighter, shinier and healthier after this mask.
I don’t know how often you need to wear this mask to get proper results, but i would definitely try this mask again in a month or so!
Self care ✔️
Have you tried a face mask before?
How often do you wear face masks?